Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Colleen Hoover lands trad publishing deal

Publishing seems to be going a double-barreled way these days

 

Publishers look at the best-selling Indie lists for new talent

 

And Indie authors see self-publishing as the new route to being published in the regular way.


Latest best-selling Indie to benefit from this is Colleen Hoover, who has made a splash with Slammed and Point of Retreat. Simon & Schuster swiftly signed her up for their Atria Books imprint . . . and one of Hoover's typically bubbly posts demonstrates exactly how fast they move.

Let me tell you, it’s been a crazy busy week for me, but I can’t imagine how crazy it’s been at the Simon & Schuster offices. I’ve discovered the reason behind the New York saying, “The City that Never Sleeps.” It’s because it’s true. They never sleep! They work, work, work all hours of the day and night, and I couldn’t be more grateful for the beautiful things they have done to my books in such a short amount of time. Not only have they updated the covers to form a more cohesive look, but now I’m lucky enough to have quotes on the front from two of my favorite authors, Tammara Webber and Jamie McGuire! OMG! How butterflying cool is that?

No comments: